HTML Validation of Blog Site: Why and How to Do it Effectively?
Validating HTML is the process of authenticating the syntax of the HTML code. It is done to ensure that the HTML code complies with the principles defined by the World Wide Web association. A valid HTML code ensures easy maintenance for the future as it provides a trouble-free environment to work. It not only reflects a degree of professionalism but also teaches you some good practices.
Not only this, it augments the compatibility of any website with the future version of HTML as well as any web browser.Moreover, it can help to eliminate the malformed aspect in the structure of your site design and the broken links. As a result it enhances the speed of the page and the user experience of the site visitors.
The validators excel at picking up the missed closing tags and other major technicalities that can be fixed. Furthermore, even if the HTML is validated, all the web pages need to be checked in different browsers possible. This ensures that the confines of the validators are compensated for and that the page should work accurately.
Why the HTML Validation is Necessary?
Errors are something which you always want to get rid of, right? HTML code validation aids in identifying those areas which cause errors in the site. It also prevents the search engine spiders from accessing your website. Most importantly, it provides easy access to the visitors for whom you have worked so hard to build the site.
At times you are not sure about which particular error needs correction. A code validator points out the error that needs to be corrected.This assists you to render your web pages brilliantly across all the browser. This in turn makes your website more accessible to those who wants to see it.
An error free and simple written code not only is an indication of professionalism but help the search engines easily locate your pages without any problem. This helps in making your website search engine friendly. By eradicating the mistakes in the HTML code, you can easily update any changes to your web pages. As you know time is money, therefore , validation helps you to save both time and effort in the future. I am sure ,you will certainly be the happiest person if your efforts are channelized properly.
A non-validated HTML in due course of time will not make your website positioned properly for the search engines rank. Oops!All your effort will go in vain. On the other hand, a site without HTML validation will not look professional all across the different browsers. You will probably not make the mistake of not checking the HTML mistakes.
Removing unneeded code helps to create smaller pages. This in turn helps any website to load faster and better customer experience. Further, a clean code will not put too much pressure on your server. It can lessen the amount of the bandwidth and the web space used. Validation can also minimize the cost of hosting your website.
What are the Different Tools to Validate HTML?
1. HTML validator FireFox Add-on: If you are using FireFox, you can easily validate HTML as you visit web pages.Isn’t that interesting? It’s right there in your browser, so you can validate as you visit the web pages. Here the number of errors in the HTML page can be seen in the form of an icon near the status bar while you browse.
2. Google chrome extensions: If you are a fan of the Google chrome browser (I am sure we all are), then you will grab this free extension without any second thought. This extension validates the HTML code of the current page. Run the extension automatically, and you can click the icon to get a menu or even press any of the keyboard shortcuts to authenticate the current web page.
3. WDG HTML validator: It is an easy to use HTML validator that helps in checking your HTML.It is one of the quickest tool and provide you with the facts and figures about the live web pages. It supports an enormous pool of character encoding. It does not make use of an added source code from other validation resources. So, what more do you want? Grab this tool to clear the HTML mistakes.
4. HTML power tool: The HTML power tool is a set of windows applications. It helps you to manage your website efficiently. This tool basically validates the entire website offline. It checks the spellings and links and even make orphan files visible.
5. CSE HTML validator lite: This tool is available in three flavours. Lite has few features and is free, the standard costs money has little more features and the Pro cost contain features more than the standard cost money. But it is better to use the Lite version.The CSE validator for windows is designed specially with an unusually powerful custom syntax. It checks the engine for examining the validity of web documents such as CSS, HTML and XHTML. As this tool comes with the Batch Wizard tool, it helps you to check the entire website for validation. It offers superior quality as it has been developed for more than 8 years. We all want quality work at the end of the day, don’t we?
6. HTML toolbox: The toolbox is an online subscription service to check your website for any bad links and poor HTML. It also checks the browser compatibility. As it is a subscription service you need to pay in order to validate your page.
But one thing you must remember is that, even the best and the most experienced validator can make mistakes. However, with the validators you can dream of achieving success by minimizing the errors of your sites. So, are you ready to apply these tools to project the best site for your visitors? Probably the answer is definitely yes.
Author Bio: William Johnson belongs to the most creative field of digital media – Web Design. Currently he is obsessed with the latest trend in eCommerce site design and development, online marketing, Magento eCommerce and lots more. He is an editor at Big Eye Deers.