TuneUp Utilities 2014 Review. Chance to Win Free Serial Keys
Keep your Windows installation like new with TuneUp Utilities. There are number of optimization utility software out there for Windows. Among them TuneUp Utilities stands apart from the crowd. It’s one of the best Windows Utility, I have ever used.
TuneUp comes from the makers of AVG Antivirus and is regularly Updated. Every year they come up with new version with drastic improvements and new features as compared to their previous versions. Not only yearly updates, regular updates and bug fixes are also there. It has won over 400 International Awards.
TuneUp Utilities 2014 Price & Download
TuneUp Utilities is a paid software. It costs $49.95 and $29.95 (if you are upgrading from any previous version). The latest version is TuneUp Utilities 2014 and it is compatible with – Windows XP/7/8/8.1 Variants. You can head over the trial version but it only comes with One Click Maintenance Feature. To unlock all features, you have to buy it. Installation method for Trial Users and Full version Users is almost same.
[sws_ui_toggle title=”Win Free TuneUp Utilities 2014 Serial Key in Giveaway” closed=”false” jui_theme=”ui-smoothness” duration=”500″] Winners announced on 25 Mar 2014
3. Eleonora [/sws_ui_toggle]
Download TuneUp Utilities from official website link given below.
[sws_button_icon_ui label=”TuneUp Utilities 2014 ” href=”http://www.tune-up.com/” ui_theme=”ui-smoothness” icon=”ui-icon-circle-arrow-s” target=”_blank”] [/sws_button_icon_ui]
[sws_yellow_box box_size=”600″] Note: There is only one Installer for 32 & 64 Bit Windows. [/sws_yellow_box]
TuneUp Utilities 2014 Installation
The installation process is almost same as installing any other software. You can perform a full installation which is completely automated. All you need to do is “Accept Terms & Conditions” and click on “Next“. Optionally you can do a custom installation.
In this method you will get the choice to change installation directory and select Context Menu entries made by TuneUp. Once done, proceed with the installation.
Once installation is completed. Two shortcut icons will be created on your desktop. Start TuneUp Utilities and it will ask you to Check for updates.
TuneUp Utilities 2014 Features
TuneUp Utilities 2014 bundles tons of features which will help you to keep your Windows PC get going. I will be showing you each and every feature, so that you people can make use of it effectively. Also, I will be sharing my experience with you.
Starting with, TuneUp 1 Click Maintenance. After installation you will see an icon on your desktop. Double click it to start quick maintenance. One Click Maintenance, will perform all tasks of TuneUp Utilities in just one click.
TuneUp One Click Maintenance just performs quick optimization. For deep optimization and advanced results you can use other features of TuneUp Utilities 2014. Just start the TuneUp Utilities and you are ready to go.
When TuneUp Utilities 2014 is started, you will be taken to the clean-up tab. Clean up optimizes Windows Files and Programs which is helpful to gain more disk space and fasten your computer’s performance. In this section we will go through each aspect of cleaning TuneUp provides.
[sws_ui_toggle title=”Quick Reading (Click to open)” closed=”true” jui_theme=”ui-smoothness” duration=”500″] This Module allows you to quickly clean junk files and residues. Optionally you can find and remove duplicate files. Review large files that are hogging hardisk space. [/sws_ui_toggle]
- Clean up Windows and programs option helps gaining more disk space. Click “open” to start optimizing Windows Files and Programs. Tick all areas where you want the optimization to be done. Click Clean button and TuneUp will start the optimization process.
- Clean up browser option helps you to optimize installed browsers. This will remove browser’s history, saved passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and browser’s cache also. It is recommended to uncheck Saved passwords field. This will prevent TuneUp from deleting your saved passwords in installed browsers. You may uncheck other fields if you want.
- Remove broken shortcuts feature removes all broken shortcuts on your computer. Using this feature all leftover broken shortcuts will be removed from your computer permanently.
- Disable Windows functions can be used to disable all unused Windows functions. Functions, which takes a lot of disk space, so disabling them is always a good option.
- Find and remove duplicate files used to remove duplicate files on your computer. Duplicate files are not good for your computer’s health. Finding and deleting duplicate files is always a pain but this feature does it very well. Some duplicate files maybe important for you. So make sure, you take a look at – What you are deleting?
For example- You have Dropbox installed on your computer. You have a file named Future Plans.doc in your computer and on Dropbox also. It will show you those files also. So make sure, to take a look before deleting. TuneUp scans all areas of your computer and finds all duplicate files. Remove the duplicate files accordingly.
- Find and delete large amount of data is used to find large files on your computer and delete them permanently. Helps in gaining more disk space and create a room for new files. Large files on your computer can be your movies, TV shows, data backup and other important things. Use this feature carefully. In case you mess up with this feature, you may delete your important files.
Select drive you want to analyze for large files and data. Click Next to start the process. As you can see, most of the large files are movies. You can analyze and delete files from here.
- Securely Delete data – When you delete any file from your computer, it goes to recycle bin. Even, if you have used Shift + Del. Still, that file is recoverable. To permanently throw away files from your computer, use this feature. Files deleted by this program are not recoverable. It is particularly helpful when you want to destroy an amount of information which is private.
Once you click “Next.” TuneUp will start deleting files from your selected location. Now, that is all about Clean up options in TuneUp Utilities 2014.
Fix Problems option in TuneUp Utilities helps in fixing common problems which can occur while using Windows.
[sws_ui_toggle title=”Quick Reading (Click to Open)” closed=”true” jui_theme=”ui-smoothness” duration=”500″] Primary functionality of this module is to provide fixes to commonly faced problems. You can also check for Hardisk Errors, restore deleted files, manage running processes and view System information. [/sws_ui_toggle]
- Fix common problems like- Icons are displayed incorrectly, Recycle Bin icon is no longer displayed, Taskbar cannot be displayed etc. You can easily fix these problems with this feature of TuneUp Utilities.
Select the problem which you are facing. Click “Next” and your problem is resolved. These are the problems which most of the users face most of the time. You may not find all problems, because you never know – Which problem occurs suddenly at a given point of time.
- Check Hard disk for errors is a very useful option. It prevents bad sectors on your Hard Drive. Do this optimization, thrice a month can prevent your hard disk from bad sectors and failure. TuneUp says my hard drive don’t have any errors. But if you drive has then select Normal Analysis and optimize your drives. TuneUp will remove all the errors in one go.
- Restore Deleted Files – As the name suggests, it is used to restore/recover permanently deleted files. Which are deleted using Shift + Del or from recycle bin?
Use restoring search criteria to filter your search. You can give extension of the file. For example – .TXT, .DOC, .MKV etc. You can also search for 0 byte files by selecting the option Search for 0 byte size files. You can also refine your search by file’s condition.
Once, the search is completed. TuneUp will show you all deleted files from your specified location.
Select the file you want to restore and click on Restore button. TuneUp will ask you – if you want to restore the file at its original location or you want to specify an alternate location.
- Display and close running process – Close running process and save memory for other programs. This feature will let you display and close programs without opening the Windows default Task Manager.
- Show system information is used to display complete information of your computer like- Hardware in use, Software information etc.
[sws_ui_toggle title=”Quick Reading (Click to Open)” closed=”true” jui_theme=”ui-smoothness” duration=”500″] This module allows you to personalize Windows appearance and behavior. It plays an Important role where you have the option to customize application behavior. Additionally TuneUp Styler helps you to modify Windows appearance. [/sws_ui_toggle]
Personalize option helps you to personalize Windows experience. It helps users to apply various themes and icon sets. You can use default themes comes with TuneUp Utilities. And you can also download themes from TuneUp website.
- Personalize options and behaviors – You can change Windows animation effects, menu appearance and other visual things with this feature. This is a DIY feature because every person has its own taste of themes and animation.
- Personalize the appearance of Windows – With this feature you can apply icon sets, themes, animations and modify the look of whole Windows. You can also download themes from TuneUp Website and use them inside TuneUp Styler.
[sws_ui_toggle title=”Quick Reading (Click to read)” closed=”true” jui_theme=”ui-smoothness” duration=”500″] In this module, you can optimize Windows speed and get maximum system power to the task at hand. Disable unused resource hungry applications and disable unnecessary startup applications. [/sws_ui_toggle]
This is most powerful feature of TuneUp Utilities. You can disable installed programs, disable start-up programs, uninstall installed programs, configure automatic optimization, clean registry, defragment registry, optimize system start-up and shutdown and defragment hard disk.
- Disable programs – You can disable those programs which are not frequently used. It helps in faster performance of your computer. Whenever, you want to use any disabled program you can easily enable it.
- Disable Startup program – It helps in reducing boot time of your Windows PC. You can disable startup programs which will help in reducing boot time. Disabled startup program will load after system startup or whenever you want.
- Uninstall programs – You can uninstall installed programs with this feature. Not so different from default windows uninstaller.
- Configure Live Optimization – You can configure Live Optimization for automatic 1 click maintenance at specified intervals. It is enabled by default. You just have to specify the optimization time.
- Clean Registry – Clean orphan registry files with this feature of TuneUp Utilities. It optimizes Windows Registry for better performance.
Once you click Start Cleaning button. TuneUp will start optimizing the registry files.
- Defragment Registry – Helps you to defragment windows registry files. It fixes Windows Database gaps and prevents error.
- Optimize system startup and shutdown – Want to improve startup and shutdown time. This feature of TuneUp Utilities can help you. Just start it and accept all recommendations from TuneUp Utilities and that’s about it.
I take very good care of my PC. That’s why TuneUp is not showing any recommendations. But, your case can be different. If, TuneUp shows you any recommendations then accept it for better optimizations and results.
- Defragment Hard Disk – Far better as compared to default Windows Drive Defragmenter. Rearranges data blocks on Hard Disk and helps in faster loading of programs and documents.
From Dashboard you can check optimization reports. Switch between various modes and configure them for maximum results. Dashboard also has Flight Mode. It switches off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi of your PC. Dashboard also shows Recommendations. You can accept recommendations for more optimization.
You can switch between Economy, Standard and Turbo mode. These modes are configured by default. You can configure them according to your requirements. These settings may vary from user to user depending on factors like System Specifications and Internet speed.
You can control All Functions of TuneUp Utilities from this tab. I have shown you each and every option. For ease of access, you can directly go to All Functions tab.
My Experience with TuneUp Utilities 2014
The best thing about TuneUp is that it is totally automated. All I had to do is, setup the functionality according to my needs. It provides all the necessary recommendations and changes needed. The UI was very simple and it is a great improvement over the previous versions. It covers all aspects of Windows Pc maintenance. After using Tuneup Utilities I can feel the difference in my Pc’s performance. Now its faster and more responsive.
In my opinion TuneUp Utilities should include Driver Updater tool and Game Booster in future versions. Well, it will be nice to have it because updated drivers do make a lot of difference when performance is in spot light. TuneUp already provides live optimization and Turbo mode but a Game booster with recommendations will be of great help for gamers struggling to get the peak performance.
TuneUp Utilities 2014 is one of the best Windows Software, I have ever used. It’s worth spending $49.95 on TuneUp Utilities 2014 if you are frustrated with your slow system. Share your thoughts via Comments.
About Aakash Rohilla (Author): Geek by nature, Blogger at TechQub and Movie Freak. An Engineering Student. Batman worshiper having a relationship with Internet. Programmer, Hacker & Workaholic.