Adobe PDF Reader Metro App for Windows 8
Windows 8 has inbuilt PDF reader but as we all know the default apps in Windows never provided us with advanced functionality. we also discussed about Windows photo viewer alternative a few days back. The default PDF reader can be used with satisfaction only when you just need to view a PDF file. There are many other things that will be causing irritation like the quality of displayed pages, zoom etc. So, we have to rely on 3rd party apps which often help us in critical situations.
To be able to read PDF files, the most popularly used applications are Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader, Nitro PDF etc. With Windows 8 and present hype for metro apps almost all companies/ developers are in race to launch their product with
Modern metro interface. Among the desktop PDF readers Adobe has recently released its PDF Reader in app store.
Features of Adobe PDF Reader Metro App
Lets go through the officially listed features of this app:
- Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or anywhere on your device.
- Easily find your most recently read documents.
- View password-protected PDFs, annotations, and drawing markups.
- Search text to find specific information.
- Select single page or continuous scroll modes.
- Easily zoom in on text or images for a closer view.
- Use bookmarks to jump directly to a section in your PDF document.
- Quickly navigate through large documents using the Semantic Zoom thumbnail view.
- Tap on links in a PDF to open linked web pages.
- Share PDFs with other applications using “Share”.
- Email PDFs as attachments.