How to Backup Complete WordPress Blog to Dropbox with Files & Database
A good and reliable Backup of self hosted WordPress blog is very important and give Goosebumps to many. Now here is a way you can backup your self hosted WordPress blog on the clouds with a single click with out paying a penny.
What you need to Backup
- A self hosted WordPress Blog.
- A Dropbox account. Incase you don’t have one signup here and get 2GB free disk space.
How to perform the Complete Backup
- Download and install wp Time Machine in your WordPress Blog.
- Now open the above plugin page and provide your Dropbox account email and password along with the name of the directory where you want the backup.
- Wait for the backup process to finish. It will take time according to your backup size.
- Open your Dropbox account to find the folder where you wanted your backup.
- The folder will have five files that are
- A compress file containing all your WordPress files and media.
- Your Database SQL backup file.
- Your htaccess file.
- Instruction file as to how to restore all the data.
- One click shell script for automated backup.
The best thing about this backup is that you don’t have to worry about it at all as Dropbox is any time reliable than you local disk and other backup service and is completely free to use. Though I have said SugarSync is better but at the moment there is no WordPress backup solution available on it.
back up is really important,
am using cpanel to back up my blog every end of the month