ClockWorkMod Recovery CWM for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 | How to Guide
There are many inbuilt features available in stock android phones which have very restricted usage. Many features get added eventually but if you are using the device from earlier time then you have to manually upgrade it. Recovery Mode in android phones is one such useful utility.
ClockworkMod Recovery is very useful over the stock Recovery. It provides you with lot of additional options to work with. Samsung Galaxy Ace users can now have this ClockworkMod or CWM recovery, as it is now officially available for ACE.
Benefits of using ClockworkMod Recovery over Stock Recovery
- It allows you to apply updates from sdcard, this feature is also present in stock recovery. More of the similar functionalities are Wipe data and wipe cache partition.
- Install zip from sdcard is a very useful feature. With this you can easily install custom ROMs just by putting their zip files on SDcard, no need of Odin anymore.
- You can backup and restore your ROM anytime you wish.
- It allows you to mount several locations and also format SD card or SD card in ext.
- Advance options allow you to reboot in recovery mode, wipe dalvik cache, report error, fix permissions and partition sdcard.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Galaxy ACE
Installing ClockworkMod Recovery is very easy and can be done by the following steps.[alert-announce] Install latest CWM 18.104.22.168 .it is advisable to check XDA for latest updates [/alert-announce] [update 1: ]
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124. This version is only for Gingerbread. If you are still running on Froyo, I recommend you to upgrade ACE to Gingerbread 2.3.4 S5830XXKPH. For flashing with Odin follow this guide with video tutorial.
- Once the CWM zip file is downloaded, place it to your sdcard.
- Now reboot in recovery mode. This can be done by pressing and holding Power button+Menu button in off state.
- Select Apply Update from SDcard and point to the CWM zip file you placed on sdcard after download.
- Restart system, and go to recovery again. You will find Stock Recovery has been updated to CWM Recovery.
Download Mirror: XXKPH