Control Android Device from Computer PC / Mac – Complete Remote Management
Managing Android Phone from Computer gives you more ease. File Transfer and Operations, Batch Application management, SMS and Call logs are just a matter of few mouse clicks on computer. Here I share two apps to manage Android devices from PC with a sophisticated Mobile Desktop Interface.
Right from the web browser, you can access and manage Android Device operations wirelessly using AirDroid.
How to setup Android for Remote Management from PC
- Install AirDroid from Market and after installing, Start the server. Make sure that both Computer and Android Device are connected to same Wi-Fi SSID.
- Enter the Web URL shown on App which looks like 126.96.36.199:8888 in computer Web Browser.
- Login the Remote management console with the password shown by app.
- Here you get the Web Desktop like interface with all icon menus to remotely manage and operate Android phone.
What all you can do?
- Files – Transfer files between Android devices and computers. Cut, copy, paste, search, rename or delete files on the SD card.
- SMS – Read, send, forward or delete SMS messages.
- Applications – Install, uninstall, backup, search apps and do batch processing.
- Clipboard – Share clipboard text between desktop and device.
- Contacts – Group, search, create contacts, check and delete call logs.
- Ringtones – Search, preview, import, export, delete and customize ringtones for phone calls, notifications and alarms.
- Photos – Preview, delete, import, export, set as wallpaper and photos slide show from desktop.
AirDroid has an impressive thing called Device Status window as shown in screenshot which shows Real-time ROM, SD Card, Battery, CPU and RAM status report & monitor with charts to demonstrate available/used/total resources, and one-tap memory boost.
Well, AirDroid has a supercool User Interface with all basic features you need to control android device from Computer.
If you are looking for an option with some more advanced features, then Remote Web Desktop is another solution.
Remote Web Desktop
Remote Web Desktop is a comfortable solution to control android device from PC web browser. Connection setup is similar to what AirDroid has.
It has all the features mentioned above but along with them, it offers some more:
- Using Android Phone as Web Cam – Webcam (2.0+) turns your phone into a wireless camera, view your camera with web browser. Support both front face camera and back camera.
- Remote Control: remotely control your Android within your computer. Including mouse & keyboard emulation. This needs another addon to be installed from market.
- FTP Server: sync files and folders between phone and computer quickly, manage SD card files in Windows File Explorer, browser or FTP client.
- Screen Capture: take the screen shot and view it in web browser, easier than do it on phone side.
- Remote Call: Make a call from computer side.
Conclusion – Both apps strive to offer controlling android from PC / Computer web browser. Remote Web Desktop, though has some extras in terms of functions but lacks the fancy UI like AirDroid. If the use is just to manage Files, SMS and contacts remotely then AirDroid would be the perfect choice.