CyanogenMod 7.1 for Galaxy ACE Complete Installation Guide with Video
Earlier we have seen FirstUA and SanGingerACE ROM’S for Galaxy Ace. The development just didn’t stop there and now we are almost ready to get CynogenMod on Ace. This is not official release yet, but a group of developers are working really hard on the project. It may become official later when complete but as of now it’s in RC1.
This release of CynogenMod for Ace has been named as Cyano Ace and is presently in RC 1. The ROM otherwise is stable to use for day to day life, just that few features are still not working properly. So let’s see what we got and what not.
Working and features of Cyno Ace RC 1
- Latest CM7 nightly feature ” 2.3.5 “
- Ultra Stable and light.
- Touch – Multi Touch.
- Settings and Framework.
- Power option reboot to CWM Recovery.
- SD and Ext App2sd.
- Touch Keys (Back & Option).
- Data GPRS/Edge, 3G, Call / SMS / MMS.
- Mount/Unmount Storage Card.
- USB Debugging Mode.
- Awesome 2D Awesome 3D.
- Video Playing (MP4, 3GP).
- Some Audio Codecs.
- Proximity Sensor.
- Flash Player Lite for ARM V6 works perfectly.
- Accelerometer Sensors.
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Tethering works well.
- New Android + CM7 Boot animations.
- DeOdexed Rom with 133 MB Storage and 195 MB of free ram on normal condition.
- Screen Off CRT Animation.
- Super user and root permissions.
- Smartass , interactiveX CPU Profiles .
- Change System Partitions to ext4 while installing Rom.
- Camera and Video Recording.
- Backlight Keys.
- Headphone buttons work.
Not working properly as of now in Cyno Ace RC 1
- Facebook Login in some software.
- Headphones button do not stop the music.
- Some widgets in notification bar.
Not working at all in Cyno Ace RC 1
- FM Radio.
- USB Tethering.
Cyno Ace ROM Screenshots[monoslideshow id=1 w=350 h=500 preset=’sparkles’]
Click on image to change.
How to install Cyno ACE on Galaxy ACE
Installing Cyno Ace can be bit tricky and if you are lucky enough you will get it working straight away without any boot loops or other troubles.
Things required before installation
- If you are still on froyo then you must first upgrade to Gingerbread 2.3.4 using ODIN. In Cyno Ace it is recommended by the developer to upgrade to DXKPB to avoid any trouble later, so we will be sticking to it. You can use any other variant of 2.3.4. If cooper.ops is missing from the package, download it from here. If you are confused about using ODIN, here is our video tutorial to upgrade Galaxy Ace to Gingerbread.
- If you are already using Customs ROMs based on 2.3.4 like FirstUA, SanGingerAce etc. You can directly migrate to CynogenMod. Just backup all your data using Titanium Backup. Here is a guide on how you can Backup data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and install CWM Recovery 4.0.9 Official in case you have installed fresh stock ROM. Here is a tutorial to install CWM on galaxy Ace. People having custom ROM mut be having CWM, so they can skip this step.
- From CWM take backup of your present ROM. Later in case of trouble you can safely revert back to your previous ROM. Make sure you have SD card inserted and do not format it, else you loose the backup also.
- Download Cyno Ace ROM. This ROM may get updated time to time, so it’s better to download it from the main thread at XDA. Copy it to your SD card.
Cyno Ace Installation
After you are prepared with the above requirements, follow the given steps:
- In CWM Recovery select “install ZIP from SD card” and point to the ROM file you copied previously.
- If you upgrading from another Rom, do “Factory reset (full wipe)” and clear dalvik-cache.
- One the above steps are done, reboot system. First boot will take sometime. Enjoy you are running CynogenMod.
This video tutorial will guide you to install Cynogenmod 7.1 on Galaxy Ace from scratch.
First Boot and Cyno Ace Overview
Some Commonly Asked Questions
Q. There are two versions Cyno Ace and CyanogenMod 7.1-cooper-KANG-BETA Android 2.3.5 which one is better?
A. Well, both of these ROMs are similar, the developers are working together to make CynogenMod porting possible for our Galaxy Ace. Both of these versions are presently incomplete with same sets of problems. Its unofficial as of now but we can expect things to happen only after these ROMs get fully functional final version. Personally I am using Cyno Ace from beginning and i have faced no troubles.
Q. I have installed Cyno Ace but on first boot, why does it get stuck on “ANDROID” screen?
A. First of all you should try clearing dalvik cache. It might be the cause of problem. The first boot is generally bit slow, so you got to wait at least 5 minutes.
Q. I have a pre-partitioned SD EXT, but why is my SD card in not mounting in Cyno Ace?
A. This is an unique problem I faced and took me through 2 days of turmoil. The SD worked well with Other ROMs. If your SD card is not mounted at all, you need to fresh format it. Follow our tutorial to format SD cards for app 2 SD.
Q. I do not see any Google apps on this ROM. Is there any way to install them?
A. If the ROM does not include Google apps like market, gmail, gtalk etc. Follow the steps below.
- Download Gapps Package. Copy it to SD card.
- Go to CWM and mount DATA first.
- Install zip from SD and select the packed you just copied.
Q. How can I enable app2SD in this ROM?
A. If the ROM does not have App2SD script, follow the steps to enable it.
- Download App2SD script package.
- Flash it through CWM, remember mounting DATA.
- Go to terminal editor.
- type su and press enter to have root privileges.
- then type app2sd install.
phone will restart as the sequence is completed. Few boot loops (3-4 times) are expected during boot up. Install app2sd Gui from market( if not present already). Enable options from there.
Video Tutorial to Enable app2Sd on cyno Ace
Q. My internet APN is not working, what to do?
A. CynogenMod may not recognize your APN automatically. If you know the settings, they can be entered manually by adding a new APN. Just leave the APN type blank.
Q. Is the battery life too less in CynogenMod?
A. Its normal, I do not feel too much effect. If you are getting very less back up, then its better to calibrate your battery. Here is an app to do battery calibration.
Q. Why does my phone lags a lot just after it is unlocked?
A. To solve this problem you can set cpu to smartass or interactive from performance in CynogenMod settings. You can also use Set Cpu for this purpose.
Q. Why there is no vibration in incoming SMS?
A. Well, you have to manually enable it by going to messaging application> settings> Notification settings> enable vibration and select pattern.
If you have problems regarding using this ROM you can ask in comments. You can also ask in CynoAce XDA forum. Just make sure you read through all the comments and see if the problem is already solved.
hey can you please attache the App2SD script package over here 🙂