Desktop tool to backup and store data online
Backing up your data on External Hard drives is not favored by many of you as it adds to additional cost and its diminishing day by day because of instant and fast connectivity offered by Broadband. Keeping backup online is preferred by most of us because its safe and can access it whenever you want. Various Tools are available which will enable you to install a desktop backup application that will store your content on a remote server.
IDrive is such another well designed tool where you have to choose the files or folders you want to put in your remote backup account and the application will make the first initial backup online. IDrive will synchronise your data between computer and remote server. This means that if you update the files you’ve previously backed up online, the IDrive tool will recognise the change and update the remote files, automatically.
IDrive offers service beyond basic backup, Some Impressive features :
- Fast search and restore of your data from your desktop client.
- Explorer offers a ‘virtual drive‘ view of your account to access and restore backed up data.
- Allows you to restore the last 30 versions of all files backed up to your IDrive account.
- Login via any web browser to your account to access backed up data.
- Manage your Backup set, Schedule Backup and View Backup Logs from any web browser.
- Enhanced security with 128-bit SSL encryption on transfers, 256-bit AES encryption on storage with a user defined key that is not stored anywhere on IDrive servers.
- No data is deleted from your account until you manually delete or run sync to match your desktop data to your account.
IDrive Free account comes with 5GB storage space and you can get Pro account with more space. IDrive is available for Windows and Mac OS.
To use this service first you need to create a free account. Once the account is created it automatically gives the download link for the respective operating system. If you want to give IDrive a try, proceed by registering an account.