MIUI v4 Pure Port for Galaxy ACE Based on Android 4.0.3 ICS [ROM]
We just joined hands with Droidsolute. And here comes our first post related to our MIUI ICS port. Bored out of your mind with the stock look of your Galaxy Ace? We have got you covered with the release of the famous MIUI v4 a.k.a MIUI ICS.
Now, Galaxy Ace can add a trophy to its mantle as it becomes the first MDPI device to get a port of MIUI 4 based on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.3.
Before this, MIUI v4 was available on only phones with high resolution screens, ie. HDPI devices. But now Galaxy Ace owners can boast of having MIUI 4 on their HVGA resolution sporting phones as well thanks to TeamCooper. Do note, due to MIUI 4 itself being under development, this Galaxy Ace port also has a few issues at this time which should be fixed as time goes by.
Now lets head to the info of this ROM: Based on Cyanogenmod 9 by Maclaw and Team Galaxy ICS Ported from the Nexus to the Galaxy Ace.
MIUI ICS Port for ACE in Action ( Video )
MIUI ICS for ACE Screens
To view more MIUI Screenshots
- SMS names not showing unless number is saved in international format.
- Cannot apply whole theme as lockscreen needed to be converted to mdpi so use separate theme like icons, statusbar, etc.
- Camera does not work (CM 9 bug ).
Compatibility: This ROM is compatible only and only with the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. Please do not attempt to flash it on any other device as it might damage your device irreparably. We are not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device. Please check your device model under Settings » About Phone.
Warning ! The steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing, as it may render your device unusable.
MIUI v4 ROM Info
Developer ? TeamCooper
Pre-Installation Requirements :
- Rooted Galaxy Ace with Clockworkmod Recovery installed. You can use this guide to Root your Galaxy Ace
- Sufficiently charged battery, at least 50% is recommended.
- Backup all your data as this procedure will wipe your installed apps and data (but will NOT touch your sdcard). You can refer to this excellent Android Backup Guide
How To Install MIUI 4 on Galaxy Ace
- Download the MIUI 4 ROM file from the original development page. Filename: MIUI.zip | Password: teammiui
- Extract the file downloaded in step 1 to get the actual ROM file which will also be a zip file.
- Transfer the ROM’s zip file that you obtained in step 2 to your phone’s sdcard.
- Power Off your Galaxy Ace. Wait for 5-6 seconds until you feel the vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Then, press and hold these 2 buttons together: ‘Home+Power’ till the Galaxy Ace logo shows up on-screen. You’ll boot into CWM recovery soon enough. (In recovery, use Volume keys to scroll up and down and power key to select an option. Use back key to go back).
- Once in CWM, perform a wipe:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select “wipe cache“ then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file you transferred in step 3 above and select it.
- Then select “Yes, Install MIUI.zip”. The ROM will now start installing.
- Once the installation is complete, go back to the main menu & select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone and boot into MIUI.