Simple Recent Posts Widget For Blogger / Blogspot / WordPress Blog
Recent Posts Widget on Sidebar is a novelty feature and most of the time recommended for letting first time visitor or even regular reader to go through recent articles published without heading on to homepage of Blog. So, here is how you can add Recent Posts Widget to your Blog.
How to Add Recent Widgets on Blogger / Blogspot
Here’s the simplest Recent Posts Widget listing recent 10 articles of your blog. Summary of the articles is optional which can be triggered ON by editing the code.
- Click on “Add Recent Post Widget Gadget” button, this will redirect you to Blogger “Add Elements” Page.
- Select the blog where Widget to be installed
- Edit Content and replace yoursitename from the code with your blog’s name.
- Hit “Add Widget” button and you are done.
Widget is configured to show recent 10 articles but it is customizable.
Other attributes which can be edited are:
- var numposts = 10 ( where 10 is Number of Recent Posts )
- showpostdate = false (Make it true if you want to show Date of publish)
- showpostsummary = false (Toggle it true if you want to show Summary of article too in widget)
- numchars = 100 (where 100 is Number of characters in Summary)
I hope the guidelines are clear and you could add the Recent Post widget easily on your Blogspot blog.
How to Add Recent Posts Widget to WordPress
WordPress has by default “Recent Posts” Widget. Just Login to WordPress Dashboard and head on to “Widgets” under Appearance. Now drag the Recent Posts widget where you want it to be displayed.