Show Current Music Track on Gtalk in WMP 12, Windows 7
Google Talk or gTalk chat application has a feature to show currently playing Music track on Windows Media player as you Status. On Windows Xp, it runs without problem but even since I upgraded to Windows 7, GTalk doesn’t update status on change of Music track on Windows Media Player 12.
It was a very small thing but I was unable to make it work. Actually there was no Google Talk Music Plugin for WMP 12 installed on Windows 7 system. So, Follow the steps given to start showing the name of song you are listening as Gtalk status:
Uninstall Google Talk.
Click Download Google Talk client near the bottom of the page.
Save the installation file to your desktop.
5. Right-click the installation file (googletalk-setup.exe) on your desktop and select Run as administrator.
6. Follow the instructions to install Talk
Still not working?
- Run Windows Media Player.
- Then go to Tools and then options.
- Click on the Plug-ins tab and select Background category in it.
- Now check the option of “Google Talk music plug-in” on the right side.
- Then Apply and exit.