Uninstall Windows Media Player 12
Upgraded to Windows 7, but don’t like the Windows Media player 12 / WMP 12 which is present by default. If you fall in these category of people then uninstall WMP 12 and use the earlier version you like.
Follow the tutorial step by step to remove WMP 12 and downgrade / replace with Windows media player 11.
2. Now Type services.msc on windows 7 search bar
3. Stop Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service.
4. Take Ownership of following files
All files in “Program Files\Windows Media Player\” folder
All files starting with “wmp” in System32 folder
wmploc.dll.mui in “Sytem32\en-us\” folder
5. Now Run Windows Media Player 11 Installer
6. Now type Regedit on Start Menu Search bar
7. Delete following Registry key
(Don’t forget to take Backup of Registry before modifying registry /editing/deleting any registry key)
8. Finally, go to C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player, right click wmplayer.exe and in the details tab copy the “Product Version” (eg in my pc it’s 11.0.6000.6324). Then open regedit again, open “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\PlayerUpgrade\PlayerVersion”, and replace the value with the one you copied before, but where you see dots, replace them with commas.
Personally, I removed WMP 12 before of tagging problem and its executing speed. So, I searched for procedure and compiled from the search results. Thanks Sandip.