How to access, Add, Edit or Delete Files of Android Phone on FTP over WiFi
Recently, I bought a new Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy S i9000) and a regular problem was of sending files from Laptop to Mobile SD card or Internal Memory using USB Data Cable. But now, the pain of attaching a Data cable is relieved because you can access Files on SD card or Internal memory of your Android Phone over WLAN or WiFi.
- Download an app called SwiFTP FTP Server
- Enter desired Username and Password (Remember it)
- Leave the port number as it is (2121)
- Check on “Accept connections from wifi“
- Hit Save Button
You will now be taken to Main screen of application, Click start button
- Open Windows Explorer on your Computer / Laptop.
- Enter the wifi URL shown after pressing start in the address bar, enter ftp://192.168.1.102:2121 (Red colored number may vary in your case)
- You will be prompted for username and password, Enter the same as in Step 1 above and Hit Logon button.
- Here’s the list of Files and Folders on your Android Mobile inside Windows Explorer access over Wifi.
If you are looking for just accessing and downloading files on your SD card or internal memory of Android Phone via browser over WLAN, then there are other simple apps namely OM SDCard Wifi Access and aFile Lite which you can download for Free from Android Market.