Get Free SMS Alerts for New Incoming Emails from Gmail, Yahoo, MSN, etc
Till today majority of the Indian who own a cell phone don’t have GPRS and EDGE connectivity. Till date they rely on cheap or free SMS updates to walk them through. Now get free Emails update on your phone from any of the email provider with out paying a penny from your pocket.
- Register for a free account at way2sms, verify yourself and login to your customer dashboard.
- Once you are in you control panel click on “Mail Alerts” on the top right section of the page.
- You will be asked to activate the setting for your account. Once you activate it configure the best suitable time for you to get the SMS updates.
- Once you have configured the settings and activated it you will be provided a unique Way2SMS Mail Id like email@example.com.
- Now you need to configure your mail to receive the notification.
Configuring the Mail
- Logon to your email provider account.
- Click on settings & then click on ‘FORWARDING/POP/IMAP’ option
- Select ‘Forward a copy of incoming mail to” option & Enter your Way2SMS Email ID firstname.lastname@example.org there.
- Gmail sends a verification code to email@example.com.
- You will receive Gmail confirmation mail alert on your mobile with subject line containing confirmation code.
- Copy and paste the verification code in Gmail verification box. Click On Verify.
- Voila, you will now receive alerts for every incoming mail that arrives in your mail
For Yahoo and Gmail users there is a direct one click configuration button on the left panel.
If you are Nokia Symbian user, you can try Blacmail app to receive emails as SMS without GPRS connectivity.