How to install Android 2.2 Froyo and test it on Windows 7 Computer
Android 2.2 ‘Froyo’ is the latest version of Google Android Mobile operating system. No device has officially launched officially with this firmware but some hackers have managed it to port successfully in to Google Nexus one. So, if you are trying to test it yourself on Windows computer system, it is possible with Android SDK.
1. Download Android SDK for Windows android-sdk_r06-windows.zip
2. Extract the ZIP archive in one folder.
3. Navigate to Tools folder and run android.bat
4. In settings, check Force https:// to be http:// in case If you are not able to connect to the official Android repository using HTTPS, enable this setting.
5. In available packages, select Google APIs by Google Inc., Android API 8, revision 1 and install it.
6. After completion of download and installation. Navigate to Virtual Devices and create New.
7. Now, start the device and you are ready to experience the new Android 2.2 on Windows.