Bring Tabbed browsing and Hover Preview in Windows 7 File Explorer
Spending more time on Web browsers, we are more used to Tabbed browsing and this is missing in Windows 7 File Explorer. I have already shared Explorer++ application which does same thing but instead of using another program, QTTabBar can add Tabbed browsing on default Windows 7 explorer. Not just Tab browser but also many other awesome features inside!
- Install QTTabBar and open any Folder
- Press Alt+V to open View Menu bar, tick QT tab Bar and Standard buttons.
- To open any Folder in New tab, Press Shift and double click on Folder, you can even drag a folder to Tab area. New tab will open if you have locked the existing open Tab.
- You can even access Recently closed tabs from Tab-History which can be accessed by right clicking on tab.
- Another Impressive feature of this shell extension is that you can see the preview of any Image or Video by just hovering your mouse over files.
This was all that I could explore, you can tweak it more by referring the manual here.
My Verdict: This is indeed a very useful plugin adding a productivity feature on your Windows. I personally liked it and became fan of it.