Alacritous: First Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500
As you know Samsung recently released the Galaxy Ace Plus. It seems to be a slight improvement from the original Ace. But however it is, its still comparatively new phone. So the drivers haven’t yet been open-sourced. But this fact hasn’t kept us, the developers over at TeamCooper away from this device.
What’s more interesting is that we have already come up with a custom ROM for this device. It is the first custom ROM for the Ace Plus. So now the Galaxy Ace Plus users can boast of a custom ROM with additional features and speed. Read more to find more info about the ROM.
We named it Alacritous Rom and released it for beta testing two days back. Within these two days we were able to come up with a stable version of the said custom ROM. The ROM is based on the stock 2.3.6.
- Based on stock 2.3.6
- Blackburners custom kernel
- Bareboned for speed
- Build.prop tweaks
- Init.d scripts for speed
- Seperate gapps flashable zip
- Modded audio libs for increased sound quality
- Tweaked wifi and internet protocols for faster browsing
- Zipaligned on every boot for snappier performance
- Kernel tweaks
- Tweaked gps.conf for faster GPS lock
We don’t have this device. So expect some bugs. Also keep in mind that this is the very beginning of the development of this device. But no bugs are found till now by any user.
This ROM has just been released. So this section will be updated later.
- Stock 2.3.* ROM.
- CWM recovery flashed.
- Rooted device.
- Download the firmware from here.
- Put it to the root of your sdcard.
- Reboot to CWM Recovery.
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset.
- Select Wipe Cache.
- Select Install zip from sd card.
- Choose the ROM zip file.
- After the installation completes choose reboot.
Well as you can see the development for the Galaxy Ace Plus has already begun. Considering the fact that TeamCooper have come up with this custom ROM without owning a device, we would expect some patience. Users over at XDA agree that this ROM is far better than the stock one for their Ace Plus. So it’s a good beginning.