How To Password Protect SMS / MMS Threads in Handcent SMS for Android
Handcent SMS is a powerful free SMS /MMS tools for your android phone. In their recent update, they introduced a new feature called Privacy Box. With this new feature, you can now hide SMS threads using password protected privacy box.
How To Use Private Box on Handcent SMS
- If you have not yet installed Handcent SMS on your Android device, you can download and install it from the Market for free.
- Once you install the application, make a free account with Handcent SMS by tapping the setting button on your device while you are on the app and navigation to Settings—>Handcent services—>Get online account . You can use the app with out making an account but to use Private Box feature, you must make one.
- Once you have made an account login using the Handcent app via Settings—>Handcent services—>My Handcent Login.
- Now navigate back to your messages thread and navigate to More —> Private Box by tapping the setting button on your device while you are on the app.
- To view your private box you will have to give your Handcent Login password. Make sure you don’t click on remember password or your security will be at stake.
- Once you are in your private box you can add contacts you want to hide from the world.
- From now on the selected person’s SMS will skip your Inbox and will only appear in your private box after you successfully authenticate your self.
You can now relax as all your private conversations won’t be read(or be made visible) by other messaging apps (stock, 3rd party, etc.) without your password.