Install Popular / Most Commented Posts Widget on Blogger / Blogspot
Displaying popular posts on your blog is important. It helps users to go through most valuable past posts along with the present content. Earlier it was difficult to get such features on blogger’s blogs but now with the newly revamped interface it is lot easier. The best thing is that now you can perform this task using handy user interface rather than coding with HTML.
This method can be directly used from within blogger without the help of any external services.
How to Install Most Popular Post Widget
In blogger’s Blog, this can be done directly using the site’s widgets. Here, the steps will help you to get Popular posts widget on new Blogger interface.
- Login to blogger dashboard.
- Go to Layout option. On the right hand side, you will see the widgets already present on your blog.
- Click on Add a Gadget. A new window will open with a list of all available gadgets.
- Select popular posts gadget.
- Configure the gadget according to your requirements
- Place the gadget on the theme according to your convenience.
The most important thing to consider is selecting the number of posts to be displayed. Displaying a large number of posts can bring up content of less importance. Hence it is advisable to use this gadget after getting a good load of contents on your blog and selecting the number of popular posts based on that.
Displaying 5 popular posts is good enough for a new blog with say 50 posts. As you get more content, selecting a maximum of 10 popular posts to be shown will be wise.