Samsung ChatON Instant Messaging App: Relaunched With Improved Features
Samsung has developed its own messaging app for Mobile phones. If you are not aware, ChatON is its name. Not a new thing in market but it has been relaunched recently with improved functionality and many new features.
No account signup is needed but only the mobile number verification. Once your friend and you have ChatOn installed on phone, get started with conversation.
Messages sent between friends are completely free. You just need Data connectivity on phone.
ChatON is compatible with almost all leading mobile platforms namely: Android, iOS, Blackberry, BADA and Windows.
• Enhanced Group Chat, where broadcast messages can be sent to several buddies at once
• “Trunk” – a ChatON Contents Sharing Box, where users can leave comments and share contents to
other sites including Facebook
• Animation Message, users can create their own animated messages with original drawings, texts,
audio content and changing background images
• Anicon (Animated Emoticon), users can download various animated emoticons from chaton.com
• Buddies say, users can post comments directly to buddies? profile at any time
• Interaction Rank, users can check how often then chat with their buddies on the progress bar
• Micro SNS Community (Social Network Service)
Comparing with Whatsapp
It has everything you need in an instant messaging app for mobile phone. Plus many new things which aren’t provided by leading Whatsapp messenger. Some of these things are:
- Downloadable extra anicons.
- Inbuilt support for Skins and Speech bubble download. (You need to hack to get Whatsapp Themes)
- Support to Hide you Number.
- Add Friend by ID like in BBM and not just contact number.
- Enhanced Privacy options like Password Lock, Hiding Interaction, etc.
Only thing you may miss after installing it on phone is your buddies. Not all might have installed this app on their phone. But, once they come to know and you invite them, it may change their preference.
What do you think? Will you move on to ChatON?