10 Most Popular Google Chrome Extensions
What has been the secret of success of Firefox? Extensions. The ability to customize with numerous add-ons have made this browser versatile in its functionality and hence adopted adopted by users of each kind.Recently, Google Chrome launched support for extensions.
This gallery is quite simple, as said before Google’s popularity lies in it’s simplicity, but it has features that provide juicy information to users, including one of the most interesting and focused on compiling the most popular extensions of Google Chrome.
I’ve collected 10 of the most popular extensions for Chrome as per Google’s data from which you will find a little of everything, from one to translate page to another with which block advertisements and so on…
1. Google Mail Checker: Name itself gives us hints about what it does. Once we install, a small icon will appear with the Gmail logo in the top bar of Chrome which shows the number of new mails that are unread on the Gmail account where we are logged in and clicking on it leads directly to the account.
3. Google Translate: This is one of the “official”. It feeds on Google’s translation service and will enable us to translate any site without having to go to Google Translate.
4. RSS Subscription Extension: This is to cover a lack of Chrome. Basically what that does is detect the feed of certain site we are visiting and shows a small icon in the address bar. If you click, new page appears where we see the feed content and options to add it to one of the most famous readers (default Google Reader, iGoogle, Bloglines and My Yahoo, but you can add the one you want).
5. Wave Google Notifier: Another of the notifier and much like Google Mail Checker only this instead of telling us the number of unread emails, you will be notified for new waves. If you are not on Google Wave and need invitation then see Google Wave invites Giveaway
6. Xmarks Bookmark Sync: Who does not know Xmarks? Surely many have used the other browsers, it serves to synchronize bookmarks between multiple computers and browsers, and how could it be otherwise also released Chrome version.
7. IE Tab: also of the best known. Once installed you can view websites with the rendering engine of Internet Explorer without actually using Internet explorer.
9. Docs PDF / PowerPoint Viewer: Very very useful one as using it we can view PowerPoint, PDF documents directly in the browser without the need to have some other thing added.