[FIX] Unable To Change Desktop Wallpaper In Windows 8
A customization lover always loves to change Desktop wallpaper regularly for enhanced experience. Windows has most simplified option to do so. Like, you can simply right click the image and choose Set as desktop background and that images appears straight forward as Desktop background. Secondly, you can choose Desktop background from Personalization window.
Consider the scenario, when you right click on an image and select Set as Desktop background and nothing happens. Add to this, if you
try to load your desired images in Personalization window to select as Desktop background, nothing comes up:
You can face this situation due to the following reasons:
- Blockage from third-party apps installed on your system concerning display
- The Group Policy is so configured by system that it doesn’t allows changing of wallpaper and force Windows for specific Desktop image
- You might have corrupted copy of TranscodedWallpaper in the Themes folder
In this article, we’ll help you to fix the problem of being not able to change Desktop background. Initially, we recommend you to remove third-party applications that appears in the Display Manager. Now follow these procedures:
Method 1 : Using Group Policy
1. Press Windows Key + R and put gpedit.msc in Run dialog box, click OK to open Local Group Policy Editor.
2. Navigate here:
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Desktop -> Desktop
3. In the above window, from the right pane side, find the Desktop Wallpaper policy. Since you’re facing the issue in changing Desktop wallpaper, this policy should show Enabled status. Double click on the policy to modify the status:
4. Click on the Disabled or Not Configured, then Apply followed by OK. Restart the machine and your issue should be fixed now, if it is not then try following method:
Method 2 : Repair Corrupted TranscodedWallpaper
1. Press Windows Key + R and paste following in Run dialog box, click OK to open Themes.
2. In the following window, make sure that slideshow.ini file is empty. If it is not empty, do it by opening it in Notepad and delete all the text inside it. Save it. Rename the TranscodedWallpaper.jpg to something other than TranscodedWallpaper, like TranscodedWallpaperOld. Don’t worry, the original file gets restored after reboot.
3. Restart the machine, and try to change the Desktop background now, it should work fine.
Hope something helps!
First thanks for sharing this type of information, really it is very useful tips to change desktop wallpaper in windows 8, your presentation styles is really very good, it can be easily understandable.