Bypass Password Login on Windows 8 Boot Up and Wake Up From Sleep
Windows 8 will recommend on using a Live ID to login and use Windows 8 features. But if your computer system is single use, entering password on every bootup or whenever system wakes up from sleep could be annoying. Here is how you can bypass entering password can automatically login Windows 8.
How to Skip Entering Password on Login Screen
We already covered a software to bypass windows login but here is a manual way which is applicable to Windows 8. Similar to Windows 7 and easy to implement.
- Press WIN+C to access Charms bar.
- Click on Search Icon and type netplwiz and hit enter key.
- On the windows which is now opened, uncheck the option which reads- “User must enter Username and Password”.
- Press OK and this prompts to open another window.
- Confirm enter your password twice. (This is the last time).
From now on, whenever the windows boot up you will be logged in automatically without entering password on Windows 8 login screen.
This solves problem only for Windows bootup. If windows enter Sleep mode and when you wake up the system, it will still ask for password. It is good practice because, if you are not around, someone may get direct access.
Still, if you don’t want password prompt even while waking up the system, it can be disabled.
How to Disable Password on Wake up from Sleep
- Press WIN+C to access Charms bar and click on Settings icon followed by Control Panel.
- In control panel, access Power options.
- Click on “Require Password on Wakeup” which is on left sidebar.
- Click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
- Check “Don’t require a Password” and Save Changes.
From now on, you will resume to the screen where you left directly on wake up from sleep. No password prompt will be there.
So, this is how password login screen can be completely bypassed on Windows 8 from all possible places. Alon with this, it is possible to bypass Metro screen too and directly skip to traditional Desktop.