Samsung S3 Ad Made Fun Of iPhone 5: How Web Reacted & What People Said
Apple sued and won a patent battle with Samsung where Galaxy S3 design was said to be a copy of iPhone. Looks like Samsung isn’t among the ones who will sit quite. In a recent advertisement campaign, they directly attacked the new iPhone 5. Samsung teased and made fun of iPhone 5.
We all know how iPhone 5 disappointed us and passed on old things in new packet under the name of innovation. Here is a advertisement poster which is said to be published in US newspapers where Samsung made fun of Apple iPhone 5.
By saying “It doesn’t take a Genius”, Samsung might want to convey that you don’t have to be a genius to differentiate between two smartphones. In other words, Specs of phones speak for themselves and tells us which one is best.
One funny noticeable thing in number of features mentioned is about Battery charger. iPhone 5 has totally different charger whereas Samsung simply says Galaxy S3 has the standard micro USB charger. Which means that it is easily replaceable and interchangeable with other phones having micro USB plug.
How Web Reacted To This Funny Advertisement
From what all I saw in my social circle and some forums I browsed, I noticed that people are more in favor of Galaxy S3 or better say Android (including me).
On other hand, some Apple Fanboys made similar poster as a reply to Samsung saying “Don’t settle for Cheap Plastic”.
Here, they cleverly deleted out some noticeable features of S3 and boasted on iOS 6 features not available for everyone and also not so useful. Maybe useful but they already exist in other Operating system under different name.
And here is a direct reply to all the features of iPhone 5 boasted by Apple fanboys. (Comment source)
- Totally different plug– that’s gonna cost you money! and its not universal.
- 720p Front Facing Camera= that’s 0.9 MP, the S3 has 1.9 MP front camera
- iCloud= fancy naming of syncing data online, Android has this since ice age
- Shared Photo Stream= S3 has a photo share plus live editing
- Panorama= Samsung has this feature in its specific camera since stone age
- 700k Apps= Have fun downloading them all (Seriously, tell me what Play Store is missing)
- Passbook= its just an app! Android has Google Wallet and several many on Google Play
- Free OS Updates Annually= is it Free! Cool, We do have OS updates, in fact my Galaxy S3 received to OTA updates and the third is coming in few days
- FaceTime= LOL, fancy name of video calling, since 2007 Android has that (talking on 3G) plus we have Google Talk plus Google Hangout (multiple people in one call) there is so much more.
- New Maps= Apple maps still new and has little coverage, in Fact i’m in Middle East and Apple maps doesnt work here, but Google Navigation with voice commands works just fine, and guess what I dont have to buy the latest phone to get it, it works on the tiny Galaxy Y
- Airplay= lol again, in one click my Photo/Music/Video will be streamed to my 40 inches LED Samsung TV
- Sleek and Durable= so it’s gonna sleek from your hand and survive the hit! Lets see about that
- Game Center= define that please, do you pay any money for it!
- iMessage= fancy name for Whatsapp for Apple products, Android integrates the app when it installs so Whatsapp/gtalk/any IM app/Viber/Facebook Messenger/etc…. are superior to iMessage because they can send messages to ANYONE
Recently, Micromax Ninja made fun of Samsung Galaxy Y. But I would say that Advertisements should not attack brand names directly but this time, it isn’t Samsung who started. Dear Apple, when you have done it, be ready to face it. What will you say on this?